From the developers of the infamous Clash of Clans, Boom Beach is another freemium mobile strategy game released about one and a half year after Clash of Clans and has collected its share of success from the gaming community. Boom Beach is just as polished and well managed as Clash of Clans. The idea behind both games is same.
The player needs to build a base, protect it against other players and try to invade as much bases as he can to gather resources. An economic system needs to be established in order to build a complete base. There is a variety of economy related buildings which need to be built, upgraded and guarded from enemies for the establishment of a stable economic system.
To collect resources from someone else’s base, one must conquer their headquarters. On the other hand, the builder’s aim is to build a defense such that headquarters remain intact at every cost. A variety of defense buildings makes protection of the base a bit of an art. Same is the case for the intruder. There is a variety of troops available each type having it’s own strengths and weaknesses. It is upto the intruder how he chooses right men for the job and then guides them to take over the enemy’s base.
Here, in this article we will make you familiar with the basic game info and common offense and defense strategies used in Boom Beach. After reading this article, you should be able to understand how the game works and how you can make the most out of every situation. So, let’s get started.
We’ve compiled a list of our most helpful guides for Boom Beach below. Learn about the various troops and resources in the game and follow our guides to develop the best strategies for Boom Beach.
Boom Beach Strategy Guides & Tips
Boom Beach Cheats & Help
Looking for more Boom Beach cheats and tips? Here are some useful tricks and help to get ahead in the game.
- Start upgrades before quitting the game. Many upgrades take a lot of time to complete. If you start them before leaving the game. They will be complete by the time you come back. It will save you a lot of time in the long run.
- Wood should be your first priority. Every building will need wood to be built. If you run short on wood, you can’t build anything. Iron and Stone come after wood. Wood is the foremost.
- It has been said before but it is worth repeating: Always choose a right enemy and then plan your fight. It is the key to high success rate and being filthy rich in Boom Beach. Just kidding, no one is filthy rich in Boom Beach. Everyone is short on one thing or the other.
- As soon as you conquer a resource base, collect all the wood and stone you can by cutting trees and breaking down the rocks. If you don’t, it’s just a matter of time before someone else takes the base and collects all these resources.
- You can earn free diamonds by completing expeditions and exploring new maps. Diamonds are rare and you will need them from time to time. Use them wisely. Anything that can wait should not be spent diamonds upon.
- Upgrade your radar and submarine well before you start diving. You have a limited number of dives in each area. A well upgraded submarine will allow you to dive deeper to find better chests and a well upgraded radar will enable you to find new diving sites.
- The Gunboat has been given to you for a reason. Use Artillery, Barrage and other stuff to make the battle as easy for you as possible before you even get to it.
- One mistake people make is that they stick to only one type of troops. They grow liking for a particular kind of troops at the beginning of the game and then stick to them for the rest of their career. This is not a good idea. Every troop is suitable for some defenses and weak against the other. It is upto the player to explore advantages and disadvantages of each unit and see what works best for him
Short Review of Boom Beach
Boom Beach is no doubt a good game. It has more content than almost 90% of the android games available in the app store. There are tons of fun things to do, millions of bases to conquer and numerous strategies to try. The game is well polished and well maintained. It instantly hooks you up once you start playing it.
But once you get at higher levels, the freemium model of the game starts sucking. Unless you are willing to spend some dollars every once in a while, be ready to wait for hours for the upgrade you desperately need to be completed. What is worse is the fact that this payment is indefinitely recurring. I liked it when you bought the game once and didn’t have to worry about it later on. I loved it when you could find quality games for free on app store.
The elite currency is more powerful than it should be and earning it without spending any money is a pain in the head. You can just earn enough to realize how powerful it is but not enough to effectively do anything with it. If you are a person who cannot wait for long long hours, this game is probably not for you. If you do not mind waiting and giving frequent visits, you are going to love Boom Beach. Happy conquering!